FinTech Awards introduces Crypto/Digital Asset Category following The Bragg Report
The FinTech Awards Judging Committee has created a new award to recognise the explosive growth of Crypto and Digital Asset services by fintechs and banks in Australia. The five key trends driving this decision are summarised as follows:
- By 2021, Australia reaches a ‘critical mass’ of fintechs offering Crypto, Digital Assets, DeFi/Blockchain platforms/products; a few examples of Australian based fintechs are; Swyftx, CoinJar, Independent Reserve, BTC Markets, Immutable etc, often operating years ahead of Australia’s traditional financial services providers/banks.
- 20/10/2021: New report released, The Senate Select Committee on Australia as a Technology and Financial Centre (aka The Bragg Report) recommends measures to open up regulation of digital assets in Australia
- 26/10/2021: ASIC approved listing framework for Crypto-asset linked ETFs
- 3/11/2021: Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ASX: CBA) offers customers ability to buy, sell and hold Crypro assets via the CommBank App
- 4/11/2021: BetaShares Crypto Innovators ETF launched and traded A$42m+ on the first day
Announcing the new award category – Best Crypto or Digital Asset platform/product – Glen Frost, Founder of The FinTech Awards said, “Crypto, DeFi and Digital Assets is the new frontier for fintech, the growth is phenomenal, and we want to recognise great Australian entrepreneurs and great Australian fintechs and banks with this new award category.”
The Award Judges are looking for an outstanding Australian platform, product or App in the Crypto/DeFi/Blockchain/Digital Asset sectors that has launched, has customers, and offers customers a way to access Crypto/DeFi/Digital assets and/or be the digital Custodian or payments provider.
“The Awards are easy to enter – tell us how successful you are!” suggested Frost.
“And enter today – the Awards submissions deadline is 19th November!” added Frost.
Full details and to enter for the Award, click here: https://fintechawards.net/
“The FinTech Awards Committee would like to thank LAB Group for their support of this Award Category: their business, especially Digital Onboarding, ID Verification, KYC and Ongoing Compliance (AML, CTF), is a crucial part of enabling fintechs/banks to ensure they are able to meet their regulatory requirements in a fast and cost effective manner,” added Frost.
To learn more about LAB Group, visit: https://labgroup.com.au/about-us/
Senator Andrew Bragg will be the VIP Guest at the 6th Annual FinTech Awards 2021 on 8th December